Hello, and welcome to Fall Term 1 and Full Term Online Classes! We are very happy to have you with us, whether you're here for one class, the start of your program, or nearing completion! Please remember that you can contact me at any time through the messaging device here in Moodle, my VLS email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or my work phone: 802-335-7718 - I try to be available!
Before I dive into the technical aspect of this post, I'd like to remind everyone the deadline to drop your course without academic or financial repercussions is Friday, September 4th. If you have questions about how dropping a course may affect your schedule, aid, or degree completion, please let me know right away!
As we move into the Fall Semester, where many students are just starting to study with us, we need to remind everyone that while there is a very useful Moodle app for your tablets and phones, the best experience for your online classes will require computer access. The Moodle app is a handy tool for reference, but should not be your primary source for accessing your courses. The app does not provide full access to all portions of the course and faculty will not necessarily provide extensions or late assignments, discussion posts, or other course activities due to app insufficiency.
Instructions to access Moodle Mobile App:
The Mobile app is meant to be used as a supplement to your traditional method of accessing the course (i.e. computer), not a substitute for it. There are certain actions you will not be able to do through the mobile app and we can not excuse you from or give an extension to for course activities because the Moodle app was down or because you didn't have the functionality you needed to complete an assignment. Requirements for the online program remain the same for students and faculty.
Moodle Mobile is the official mobile app for Moodle.
With the Moodle Mobile app, you can learn wherever you are, whenever you want, with these app features:
- Easily access course content - browse the content of your courses, even when offline
- Connect with course participants - quickly find and contact other people in your courses
- Keep up to date - receive instant notifications of messages and other events, such as assignment submissions
- Submit assignments - Upload images, audio, videos and other files from your mobile device
- Track your progress - View your grades, check completion progress in courses and browse your learning plans
- Complete activities anywhere, anytime - attempt quizzes, post in forums, play SCORM packages, edit wiki pages and more - both on and off-line
... and more!
- Download the app
- Go to learn.vermontlaw.edu within the app
- Login as you normally would on the Moodle site
Any trouble logging in contact the VLS IT Helpdesk: email@example.com or Moodle Support.