Site news

Director's Message to Students

Linda Hiemer, Director of Online Programs
Director's Message to Students
by Linda Hiemer - Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 9:26 AM

Dear VLS Online Students,

Today, as we celebrate 242 years of independence, I ask you to take a moment to reflect on it's meaning to you.  Our common thread in the VLS community is a desire to be a "voice for the voiceless" and to ensure access to law and justice.  Knowledge is power!  Whether you are embarking on your first online course or completing your course of study, I commend you on your dedication.  Please know that we strive to serve you and seek to continuously improve.  I encourage you to please:

1. connect with your professor with any questions or concerns regarding course/activity expectations (as well as to share your personal/professional goals);

2. contact our tech team for those unexpected "glitches" that may occur despite our real-time best efforts;

3. communicate with your stellar Student Services Advisor, Kathy Hartman, who is read to provide support and guidance (With Kathy's office right next to mine, I assure you that she is a passionate student advocate and quick to alert me to any student concerns); and

4. reach out to me as the Director of Online Learning at lhiemer@vermontlaw.edu at any time.

Best of luck during Summer Term 2 and best wishes for a safe Fourth of July!

Linda

Linda J. Hiemer, JD