We are ending Week 3 of Fall Term 2, 2020, so there are some very important updates and reviews. *I am sorry this is a lengthy email!
First, I’d like to officially let our online students know that we are transitioning to Canvas for our Online Learning Management System, starting in Spring Term 1, 2021. Canvas is very similar to Moodle in a number of ways, and is quite user-friendly, so tends to be an easy platform to learn. We will, as we have every term, have an Online Orientation module in Canvas, and any of our returning students who wish to familiarize themselves with the platform will have the opportunity to do so. That Orientation will open during the Winter Holidays, so please be on the lookout for instructions to indicate your interest.
Second, because Spring Term 1, 2020 begins on January 4, we are encouraging all of our online students to have their Spring Semester schedule squared away before the school closes for Break. Here are the deadlines, along with a calendar of offices closing and reopening during December:
· November 26, 27: Thanksgiving Break – Offices, including Barrister’s Bookshop will be closed.
· December 18: Last day Campus Offices are open
· December 19: Last day to order Books from Barrister’s without risking late delivery (Professors are not required to allow for late book delivery)
· December 21-25: Barrister’s Closed – no shipments
· December 24: Registration & Tuition Deadline
· December 31 & January 1: Barrister’s Closed
· January 4: Start of Spring Term 1 (this includes all the full-term classes). Campus Reopens for Spring Semester. Residential classes start on the 11th.
If you do not have a Spring Term 1 Registration: please review your Schedule at CampusWeb and update your schedule! If you are not planning on studying in Spring Term 1, please do let me know so I can update my notes!
For students that are drawing upon Financial Aid, you should note that your 2020-2021 FAFSA will be applicable to the Spring and Summer 2021 Semesters. Please contact the Financial Aid Office (email@example.com) if you have any questions! For students not drawing upon Financial Aid: I strongly encourage you to address your tuition bill prior to the Campus Closing on the 19th of December. I cannot guarantee that any payment made or sent after that date will be processed prior to the start of term, potentially leading to a delayed start in your class. If you have any questions about your tuition bill, you can contact the Business Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lastly, as we move out of Summer and Fall, into Winter, and the reminder of celebrations and traditions that are likely to look different this year, I want to remind all of you there is support available for all of our VLS Students. Please contact me if you have questions or are looking for support: I will do what I can to help!